Friday, July 3, 2009

Have Adventure, Will Travel: Part II

The focus for my time in Myanmar will be thinking about and hopefully practicing interfaith dialogue. I am looking forward to seeing Dr. Ling again and meeting the rest of the participants for the summer program. There will be 3-4 more from the US, a couple from Sweden (I think), one from Switzerland and one from Denmark. The other countries I can't remember.

I am excited (though a bit anxious) to have the intentional opportunity to swap stories of faith with other Christians as well as those of other religions. I do not know what the daily schedule will be like. For my trip to Yangon I will have a 9.5 hour lay over in San Francisco. Hopefully the BART will be running as scheduled so I can take a trip into downtown to wander around and not spend the entire time in the airport. One more good reason to check my second bag :) I'm sure there will not be as much to do since I am traveling on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment