Saturday, July 4, 2009

Carry On My Wayward Daughter

Everything is pre-packed. From what I can tell, I should have everything I need. The last few days have been a frenzy of randomness with much roaming about the house finding something here and there I would need for the trip. A month is a long time for which to pack. In my usual fashion I seem to have compiled it all into two carry on sized items. Unfortunately I think one of the airlines will only allow one carry on. This is just as well since I have some heavy books in the one bag and I wouldn't want to lug them around all day. Nevertheless I am not a big fan of checking luggage with waiting for it at the carousel, the chance it might get damaged/lost/delayed, and not having access to everything you might need.

Thanks to Megan I did attend one of the best fireworks shows I've been to in a while tonight for the 4th of July. Thanks to Sarah G. I had the pleasure of seeing little Eli and gained the motivation to move many of my things into the attic. Never did get around to eating that last piece of chocolate cake in the fridge. Sad.

1 comment: