Sunday, July 5, 2009

The City By The Bay

I arrived in San Francisco around 5pm. The next portion of my journey (12 hours to Taipei) continued at 1:30am. The ticketing desks for China Airlines opened again at 9:30pm. Knowing that I would have about 9 hours to spend in San Francisco, I planned to take the BART train into downtown for a break from airports. Though the price for BART was a bit expensive, it was worth the trip to see a little bit of the city. Most places were closed from the holiday weekend and being a Sunday.

I did enjoy figuring out the travel plans and a place to walk on my own, a new challenge. Would have been more fun with someone to wander the city with or show me the interesting sights...like Alcatraz or the Golden Gate Bridge. For better or worse I had the song We Built This City by Jefferson Starship stuck in my head the entire time I was walking around. It was nice to soak up some English before heading to a country where I don't know any of the language. At least in Spanish speaking countries I could catch bits and pieces if not whole conversations (depending on how fast they spoke).

No comments:

Post a Comment