Monday, July 6, 2009

Four Legs With Horns In The Airport

Greetings from Taipei!

I arrived here at about 5:30am (4:30pm CST). Good flight, but a bit turbulent towards the end. Managed to get about 6 hours of sleep and then a nap after breakfast. The entire airport was quiet and no one was around except other waiting passengers. Went through a random security checkpoint hoping it would be near where my flight is leaving. Seems like all the terminals are connected. There are about 4 girls singing choir music behind me. Quite nice.

Found this free internet kiosk--Awesome! Not sure where my final flight leaves from, but now that it's 6am there's more people, shops are open, food is available (though I'm not hungry--had beef and potatoes and eggs and hashbrowns on the flight over here) and it seems like the information desks are staffed.

If all goes well I should be in Yangon by 11:30am.

I have been entertained by the green space (try posting the video I took at some point) and the large cow/yak looking animals painted with various Taiwan scenes. Much like the frog and fish displays in Erie. Seems a popular thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment